- No ability score prequisites. Roll 3d6 in order, pick your class.
Oh, you might say: "But magic-users need to be intelligent enough to read and speak languages, so INT 9 is a reasonable requirement for the class."
And I say: "Yes, maybe that was when the PC learned magic. But then something strange happened and he got dumbed down. Like - by the Evil Sorcerer's Mind Control spell, or something."
No, really. I never liked the INT table for languages. (Read here as to why.) And why not play a really, really silly slow-thinking wizard? It's a game, isn't it? When the players generated new characters the other day, one of them created a magic-user with STR 15, DEX 13, and INT 14. These are fine scores to pick any of the basic classes. Though with WIS 7 a cleric would normally not be allowed. But then again, why not play a slightly foolish cleric who is strong, nimble, and can solve puzzles?
*I just remembered that I speed-read the 9and30kingdoms' post on a similar topic, yesterday. So, there may be a connection why my brain came up with this post, today.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen